skip to main |
skip to sidebar
And no, I'm not talking about outside. Notice there haven't been posts. I just haven't felt up to it. First, the digiscrapping world lost Carla Gibson. It was a complete surprise...I know how awful I feel. I can't imagine how bad George and Taylor feel. She didn't have medical insurance, so Oscraps has set up a Friends and Family section in their store, to help offset medical and funeral costs. 100% of the proceeds from items sold in that section will be given to Carla's family. If you buy something from that section, you get another grab bag of items for free. These items were created by designers and CT members. I made some word art, but its not in the first grab bag. I think there's going to be one a week for this month. I'm not sure on that though. Oh...I should also mention that these are not just Oscraps designers...there are kits from all over the digiscrapping community. Gina Miller, Sweet Shop, Designs in Digital (although theirs is in their store at their site)...lots of people are coming together for this. More stuff is being added all of the time. If you're a designer and want to contribute, contact Vicki at Oscraps. The store is here.
Second, I got home from Tahoe to hear that my friend who taught next door to me (still teaches at the same school, but now in a different room), lost her baby at 37 wks 6 days. Apparently he had a knot in his cord. Why does this have to happen? I don't know. But I ended up making this layout, thinking about all of the storms we go through in this life:
Lyrics by Mark Hall, background (blended with photo) and frame by Monica Larsen.
4 comments:
Oh how sad! I knew about Carla and I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, *hugs* Wow I can't even imagine....
oh tooo sad about the baby!!! I didn't know Carla but the loss has been felt all over digi land!! Very heartfelt layout! Lovely job!
((hugs))So sorry to hear about your friend.
Hugs to you...man, that is the second knot in cord story this week....so sad...makes me all the more grateful for my little one.
Post a Comment