Saturday, May 26, 2007

End of May

It is the last weekend in May. In some ways, I am sooooo thankful. This coming week is the last week of school, and it is finals week. My freshmen are clearly ready to be finished with it all. I can hardly keep them in their seats so we can review for their final (which they really need). Fortunately I only have to keep them occupied for an hour on Tuesday, and then I will only see them one other time (in class) for their actual final. Because so many are RSP kids, they have the option of taking the final in their RSP classroom, or take the final in my room and then go to their RSP classroom after they are finished. That will be a lifesaver for the kids who want to do well.

My chem kids are handling things a little better, but I think they're ready to be done with it all as well. I hope they're ready for their lab final on Tuesday. They have to actually come up with the procedure themselves, which they haven't done before. No, I don't like to do that to kids, but it wasn't my call. However, in their favor, it is a fairly simple lab with a procedure we have done multiple times for different situations. They are totally capable, if they don't freak with the "but we've never had to do it like this before" attitudes. I did give them warning that they'd have to come up with the procedure, so hopefully they're studying. I offered to stay after school and go over this stuff with them, but no one showed up. So we'll see. :)

There is one thing about the end of May that makes me sad...I'm a May guest for Manuela Zimmerman, whose designs I absolutely adore. I don't want to leave. I finished a layout yesterday using Beauty in Bloom. Maybe she'll let me stay...





4 comments:

Anne C said...

What a wonderful LO!!

Monique said...

beautiful layout! good luck staying on, i'm sure you'll get on any other CT you may apply to though! have a great day!

Toni said...

This is gorgeous, I hope she lets you stay on - your layouts are such an inspiration and show off the kit so well.

dale ann cubbage said...

Love that page of Joey. So precious, and full of love.

da