Sunday, May 20, 2007

Un-happy Birthday

Well, it started out that way anyway. Last week Chris asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday. Because it is the end of the school year, and so many things were planned for the week and this weekend, I told him that if I could have anything, I would just want some peace and quiet. No responsibilities...get up when I want...quiet. Then, later in the week he asked if I minded if we had people over for breakfast. I said I didn't mind as long as it wasn't too early in the morning. So fast forward to Friday afternoon, when he tells me that everyone is coming over at 8 am. So that's not early in the morning? It is...especially when he has to get up an hour and a half ahead of time for preparations. 6:30. When all I wanted is for us to sleep in a little bit and enjoy each others company. So everyone got there, and I had to pretend to be happy. Then someone mentioned the fact it was my birthday, and everyone said "You got up early on your birthday??? We could've come over later in the morning." So I had to pretend that I wanted to, and that I wasn't about to murder Chris over this. Once everyone left, I broke down in tears. Really, its not something to be THAT upset over...but with all that is going on at work, and just the fast-paced life I have had to lead lately, it got to be too much. So we decided not to go to the grad/birthday party of my colleague who teaches next door to me. I know he's going to be hurt over it...but the way I was crying at the drop of the hat, I would've just been a party pooper.

My day DID get much better when I got online, and found that my dear friend Laura got me a gc to Funky Playground...I need to figure out what I'm going to get there!!! So many choices!!!! And of course, my bff Jodie....she just always knows how to make my day. She got me Dana Frantz's "Amazing Spirit" kit, but you'll have to wait to see my layout until next week, since its for QOTC. She also started a birthday thread for me at DST. She also grumbled right along with me about how I had a terrible start to my day. In general, just plain made me feel better. :)

Today is a new day...and while I am a heathen and didn't go to Church...I'm getting some MUCH needed quiet time. I get to just BE for a few hours. :) Chris might get to live after all....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awe! Sorry about your birthday! I totally understand the importance (and the pleasure) of sleeping in now that I have a new little one. I rarely get enough sleep now so sleeping in one morning would be SOOOO wonderful. At least you got a gc for funkyplayground.... go crazy!